OCAD on Linux
OCAD is a Windows software. However, OCAD runs on Linux using Wine.
We installed Wine on Ubuntu Desktop and run OCAD afterwards without any problems.
Wine is a free software and enables Linux users to run Windows applications without a copy of Microsoft Windows. Install Wine from the Ubuntu Software Center.
- Problem: Printing does not work. Solution: Export PDF file and this file.
- Problem: Course Setting: Control description box does not appear in OCAD 12. Solution: Fixed in OCAD 2018.
- Problem: The often used Windows fonts like Arial and Segoe are not available in Ubuntu. So replaces these fonts to installed fonts.
Error in File Open and File Save Dialog
- Problem: Error message when opening or saving a file.
- Solution: Change Wine settings for OCAD to Windows 7.
Tested with ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Wine 1.6.2.