Make Graphical Modifications to Orienteering Courses
(This function is only available in course setting projects!)
Often it is necessary to make graphic modifications to the courses generated by OCAD, e.g. because a course object covers important map information. The common modifications made for the different courses are stored in the course setting file.
Cut out Control Circles
If a control circle covers a map detail like a knoll, a part of the control circle should be cut out to make the knoll visible. You need to make this cut-out only once. It will be visible for all courses that use this control.
Note: If you want to cut out a control only for a specific course, you need to Export Course Maps.
- Switch off the Preview mode.
- Select the desired control.
- Select the Cut tool to cut out a part of the control circle.
To close (repair) a cut, select the Cut tool again and click into the gap.
Modify Connection Lines and Moving Control Numbers
Modify Single Objects
You can modify connection lines and move control numbers of a specific course.
- Select the desired course in the Course Object Box on the right side of the window.
- Make sure that you are in the Preview mode.
- Select the desired control number or connection line.
- Move the control number by dragging the small square to the desired position.
- Cut out a part of the connection line using the Cut tool and dragging the mouse from the beginning to the the end of the part that sould be cut out.
- Insert additional vertices into the connection line using the Add Normal Vertex tool. Move these vertices using the Select Object and Edit Vertex tool.
Modify all Objects of a Course
To modify all objects for a specific course, choose the Move Control Number for All Courses or the Edit Connection Line for All Courses functions to modify course objects with an effect on all courses.
Undo your changes
The button is available if you are in the Preview mode. All graphical adjustments (e.g. moved control numbers or cut connection lines) from the selected course are removed when clicking this button.
You can also reset only selected graphical adjustment. Select them in the drawing window (press the SHIFT key to select multiple objects) and click the right mouse button. A pop-up window appears.
Make Other Modifications
To make further modifications choose Export Course Maps from the Export submenu in the Course Setting menu.
You will get a course map file, which is a normal OCAD-File and not a course setting file. In this file, you can make graphic modifications to courses that are not possible within the course setting project, e.g. cut control circle only for a specific course. But be careful: If you make modifications to the courses after exporting the course maps, the exported course maps are not updated and are therefore not correct.
Back to the Course Setting for Orienteering page.