Computer / System Requirements
- OCAD 11 requires Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista (Service Pack 1), Windows 7 or Windows 8 (32 or 64 bit). OCAD 11 is a 32 bit software.
- We strongly recommend for Windows Vista und Windows 7 to use the default Aero Theme to avoid unnecessary screen redraws or erased maps when moving dialogs.
- 50 MB of free disk space for the installation
- At least 1 GB RAM (depends on the size of open maps and background maps). The OCAD program without any open map needs only 70 MB RAM.
- OCAD 11 is a 32 bit software and can allocate up to approx. 3.5 GB RAM (32-bit Windows XP, Vista™ and 7 consult the page Physical Memory)
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher recommended
- OCAD 11 Professional Edition: We recommend to install the Borland Database Engine (Shape import, dBase files) and the Microsoft Access Database Engine 32-bit (Access and Excel files).
It is not possible to install the Access Database Engine 2010 32-bit edition if the Microsoft Office 2010 64-bit edition is installed on the same computer. The solution is to install the Access Database Engine 2007 32-bit edition.
OCAD on Mac OS X
Read the OCAD on Mac OS X article for more information.
- Maximal map size: 4 x 4 meters (Orienteering Standard edition), 80 x 80 meters (Professional edition)
- Resolution (accuracy of coordinates) 0.01 mm
- 10000 objects (Starter edition), 16 million objects (Professional, Orienteering Standard, Course Setting and Viewer edition)
- 4 million vertices for each object
- Unlimited number of symbols (number range 0.001 to 999'999.999)
- 32'000 colors (number range from 0 to 32'000)
- Unlimited file size (limited by Windows)
OCAD File Format
This description of the OCAD file format is intended for programmers who want to directly access the information in OCAD files.
OCAD runs on all Windows XP / Vista / 7 or 8 computers except Windows 8 RT (ARM tablets).
Mapping on TabletPC
- Tablet PC with Windows
- Long battery life (8 hours or longer)
- Outdoor screen
- GPS with USB or Bluetooth connection
- OCAD Orienteering Standard Edition
Draw Orienteering Maps and Course Setting
- Desktop or Laptop with Windows
- 2 GB or more RAM
- OCAD Orienteering Standard Edition or OCAD Course Setting Edition
Map Publishing Companies
- Desktop PC with Windows one or two screens
- 4 or more GB RAM
- OCAD Professional Edition
Special OCAD Settings:
- Switch on the Faster text rendering in OCAD Preferences -> View tab in Options menu.
- Switch off the Anti-Aliasing mode in View menu. If Anti-Aliasing is switched off then OCAD draws the screen color by color. Otherwise OCAD draws the screen once after a short time.