Working on a CSA Project
After the Creation of a New CSA Project, you can start working on it.
New objects can be drawn as you know it from normal OCAD projects, but, when you are finished, you will have to check it in. For drawing new objects follow the list below from point 3 on. If you want to edit an existing object, you will first have to check it out. Make sure that you have the Right to edit objects.
- Select an object you want to edit. Select Multiple Objects to edit more than one object.
- Click the Check out Selected Objects icon in the Client Server toolbar. The selected objects are now checked out, which means that nobody else is allowed to make modifications on them at the moment.
- Edit the checked out objects or, if you are creating new objects, draw them. Click the Delete Objects in Database button or press the Alt and the Delete key together to delete an object from the server. Note that you first have to check out the object which you want to delete. If you delete an object with just the Delete key, the object will be deleted only in the current view but will remain on the server. By clicking the Get Objects from Current View button it will show up again.
- When finished, you have to check in the objects again. There are two possible ways to do so:
- Select all edited or drawn objects and click the Check in Selected Objects icon from the Client Server toolbar.
- Click the Show Checked out Objects icon from the Client Server toolbar. The Show Checked out Objects dialog appears with a table of all checked out objects.
- This is a non-modal dialog which means that it can be stayed open when editing the map. If the Reload automatically option is checked the table is updated automatically when checking out an object. Otherwise, you will have to click the Reload button. Click an object in the table to show it on the map. Click the Check in all objects button to check in all objects.
An object which is not checked out cannot be edited and is indicated with red Vertices. When a project is closed without checking in the objects, all of them are checked in automatically.
Undo and Redo
Generate Map Preview
If you open a project without a map preview, it is just blank. It is quite difficult to find the location on the map you want to work on. With a map preview it is easier and you will not have to load all the objects but only those you really need.
- Click the Get Objects from Current View icon in the Client Server toolbar with the Alt key pressed.
- The View Objects in Database dialog appears. Click the Get all button to load all objects. This can take a moment.
- When all objects are loaded, click the Generate Map Preview icon in the Client Server toolbar.
- The Generate Preview dialog appears. You can define a pixel size in m. The smaller the pixel size is the better is the quality of the map preview. Click the OK button to generate the map.
The map preview is a normal raster background map and can be managed by using the Manage command from the Background Map menu.