This command is only available if the map is georeferenced and a Coordinate System is set.
This command can be used to find the fastest way by car between two arbitrary points by downloading and importing the vector data from Google Maps.
Routing by Entering a Location
1. Select Routing in the Map menu to open the Routing dialog.
2. Enter the name of the start and end location.
Routing by Entering Coordinates
Instead of entering the name of the start and end point you can also simply click on these locations on the map.
1. Activate the Coordinate option in the Routing dialog.
2. Click on the Get Coordinate from Drawing Area button , then click on the start location on your map. OCAD displays the coordinate in the Routing dialog. Optionally you can enter the coordinate manually.
3. Do the same for the end location.
Show Route in Google Maps
Click on the Open in Google Maps button to see the route on Google Maps.