Client Server Architecture
The Client Server function is part of the OCAD Enterprise Edition.
With the Client Server Architecture (CSA) different user can work simultaneously at the same project. The collaboration can be achieved either internally (within a company) or distributed over the internet. A VPN connection is recommended. For fieldwork it is also possible to take a part of the map offline and resync the changes with the CSA project after finishing the fieldwork. Furthermore it is possible to create base projects and inherit them as basis for other projects. Changes on the base projects affects the inherited projects geometry but not the styling.
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3), Windows Vista (Service Pack 1), Windows 7 or Windows 8 (32 or 64 bit).
- Minimum of 512MB Memory
- Minimum of 100MB Harddisk space
- Minimum of 256 MB of physical RAM
- Minimum of 2 GB of available hard drive space
- System: Windows (Server 2003, 2008) or Linux
- PostgreSQL 9.1 or newer
Installation of the Client Server Architecture
Create a New CSA Project
First Loading of CSA Project
Working on a CSA Project
Raster Background Maps in CSA
Database Connected Data in CSA
Back to Main Page
Previous Chapter: Course Setting for Orienteering
Next Chapter: OCAD Internet Map