Ein neues Flächensymbol erstellen
You can create area symbols with OCAD. In addition to the following options, the symbol editor can make use of all the drawing modes and editing tools that are available for objects in the normal drawing window:
- General: Used to define the color and the borderline.
- Hatch: Used to define the line thickness, distance and orientation of the hatching.
- Structure: Used to define the structure symbol as well as the distances and orientation of the structure.
- Select New in the Symbol menu.
- Select the symbol type Area Symbol. The Area Symbol dialog box appears.
- Enter a number between 0.001 and 999999.999 in the Symbol number field and a symbol description in the Description field.
- Click Edit. The symbol editor appears.
- If required, configure the options 'general', 'hatch' and 'structure' for the area symbol.
- Once you have defined the area symbol, select Icon in the dialog window. The Edit Icon dialog window appears.
- Draw the icon in the 22 x 22 pixel matrix field using the various drawing tools.
- When you are finished, click OK twice. The new symbol appears in the symbol field.
Define the structure of the area
- Structure: Choose None if you want no structure or choose one of the two layouts for the structure.
- Width: Enter the horizontal distance from one structure to the next (center to center). This distance is horizontal if the angle is 0, otherwise it is measured in the corresponding angle.
- Height: Enter the vertical distance from one structure line to the next (center to center). This distance is vertical if the angle is 0, otherwise it is measured in the corresponding angle.
- Angle: Enter here the angle of the structure. If this angle is 0 the structure is drawn as shown in the Structure box. Otherwise it is rotated counterclockwise for positive angles.
- Edit: Click this button to draw one structure element in the symbol editor. In the symbol editor the symbol will also appear (in gray) in the position of the neighboring structures in order to get an impression of the structured area. If you enter an angle other than 0, the structure will be rotated, but not the symbol.
- Remark: It is possible to rotate the structure of individual objects drawn with that symbol with the Indicate Direction of Area Pattern, Point or Text Object button. In this case the structure and the structure symbols will be rotated.
Define Parameters for a hatched area
- Hatch: Choose None if you do not want a hatch; or choose a simple hatch or a cross-hatch.
- Color: Choose a color for the hatch lines.
- Line width: Enter the line width for the hatch lines.
- Distance: Enter the distance between the hatch lines.
- Angle 1: Enter the angle for the hatch lines. 0 means horizontal lines. For angles greater than 0, the lines are rotated counterclockwise.
- Angle 2: Enter the second angle for the hatch lines if you have defined a cross-hatch. Otherwise this value is ignored. 0 means horizontal lines. For angles greater than 0, the lines are rotated counterclockwise.