Move Parallel and Move and Duplicate Parallel by Specified Distance
Choose this function to move a line (or the outline of an area) parallel to the original line.
- Select a line, line text, or area object.
- Choose the Move Parallel function.
- Drag a vertex of the selected object in the desired direction. A help line with vertices gives a preview of the parallel moved object.
- Drop the object to finish parallel moving.
This mode is especially useful when writing street names on curved streets. To draw the line for the line text, follow the center line of the street and enter the text. Then select this mode to move the text to the desired position. The line of the text will stay parallel to the original line and follows curves so that a constant distance from the original line is kept.
- Choose the Move/Duplicate Parallel by Specified Distance function in the Object menu if you want to move a line, line text or area object parallel with a certain distance. Point and text objects are moved according to their direction.
- The Move/Duplicate Parallel by Specified Distance dialog box appears.
- Choose either the Paper (mm) or the Real world coordinates input option and enter a value in mm or in m.
- Click the Move button to move the object, click the Duplicate button to duplicate and move the object.
- Click the Close button to close the dialog.
Back to the Edit Object page.