Difference between revisions of "Course Setting for Orienteering"
|Line 108:||Line 108:|
== Export ==
== Export ==
OCAD provides different [[Course Setting Export|exports of course data
OCAD provides different [[Course Setting Export|exportsof course data for event software, courses as gpx file, course maps etc.
== Options ==
== Options ==
Revision as of 12:57, 11 May 2012
(This function is only available in course setting projects!)
OCAD provides completely integrated functions for course setting in orienteering.
- 1 Starting a course setting project
- 2 Adding the course setting objects
- 3 Controls
- 4 Courses
- 5 Classes
- 6 Insert Course Object to Courses
- 7 Delete Course Object from Courses
- 8 Edit Text Control Description
- 9 Auto Control Description
- 10 Course Statistic and Event Statistic
- 11 Print
- 12 Import
- 13 Export
- 14 Options
Starting a course setting project
A course setting project is a special OCAD file. Like map files it has the extension .ocd, but it has a special internal mark to identify it as a course setting file. To create a course setting project, you must create a new map file:
- Choose New from the File menu or click the New button. The New File dialog box is displayed.
- In the Map type box select "Course setting project for orienteering".
- Select a symbol set from the Load symbol set from box.
- Click OK.
- Choose Set Scale and Coordinate System from the Map menu. Set the map scale to the correct value. This is important for calculating the length of the course.
- Choose Save from the File menu or click the Save button. The file save dialog box appears. Enter a file name for the course setting file.
- Choose Open from the Background maps menu to open a map file as a background map.
- Choose Entire Map from the View menu to show the whole map on the screen.
First you add start, controls and finish.
Then you add the marked route from the last control to the finish and any other marked routes.
You can add a control description which is printed together with the course.
Add a course title (with course name and/or class names).
For relay courses add the start number.
Adding other objects
You may want to add other objects like event title, logos, corrections to the map etc.
ToDo: Renumber all Controls
As a next step you create courses. A course is basically a list of start, controls, marked route(s) and finish. You may want to insert other course objects like mandatory crossing point, mandatory passage through out of bound area, map exchange, relay team or leg variation.
In OCAD you can either work with courses only or you can use classes and courses. Different classes may use the same course. If you want to use classes you have to create classes.
There is a OCAD learn video about score orienteering:
Insert Course Object to Courses
Delete Course Object from Courses
Making graphic modifications
Often it is necessary to make modifications to the courses generated by OCAD.
ToDo: Move Control Number for all Courses ToDo: Edit Connection Line for all Courses
Edit Text Control Description
Auto Control Description
OCAD provides an auto control description tool that recognizes map objects where controls are placed and sets the corresponding IOF symbol to the control description.
Course Statistic and Event Statistic
Choose Course Statistics and Event Statistics from the Course Setting menu to optimize courses.
Choose Print, Courses from the Course Setting menu to print courses. Courses can be printed together with the map or on an already printed map. OCAD provides adjustment functions to adjust the course to the already printed map. In addition EPS files can be created to make films for offset printing.
Choose Print control descriptions from the Course Setting menu to print control descriptions only.
Control descriptions can printed together with the course on the map: add a control description object.
OCAD provides different exports of course data for event software, courses as gpx file, course maps etc.
Previous Chapter: XML Script
Next Chapter: Server Client
Back to Main Page